Telos Safe Quickstart
Telos Safe is the most trusted platform for managing digital assets on the Telos network.
This guide will walk through how you can create your own MultiSig wallet on the Telos EVM and utilize the Gnosis Safe Help Center to understand all of the functionality this MultiSig interface provides.
What is Telos Safe?
- Telos Safe is a fork of Gnosis Safe. The code is exactly the same as Gnosis Safe, the only few differences are links you may notice in the Gnosis Safe help center.
Telos Safe enables users to securely store Telos minted assets(ERC-20, ERC-721, ERC-1155) and TLOS on the EVM. The Safe is a Multisig account that is controlled by its signer keys. Please refer to here to learn more about the Telos Safe Multisig application.
In this guide, we will be using:
the Telos Safe UI at https://safe.telos.net/, with settings selected to Telos Testnet
If you don't have MetaMask install it here
Create a Safe(multisig wallet)
We are going to create a new Safe on the Telos EVM! Make sure you are on the Telos testnet to gain a good understanding.
- Click Create new Safe to get the process started.
- Connect a signer wallet & select network. We will be using Telos testnet in this.
- Once a wallet is selected, you can start the process of setting up your Safe by clicking on "Create New Safe". First, you'll need to give a name to your new Safe. This name is only stored locally on your computer and never shared with any third party.
- Select Signers, and set your owner name. The wallet prefilled the Owner Address with your connected Metamask primary account.
If you want you can add permissions to additional accounts in your Metamask to test functionality.**
- Review Safe Owners. You have the option to add additional owners to confirm transactions and determine how many owners it may take to confirm a transaction. Depending on your Multisig purpose you will need to add additional owners. For an individual looking to protect NFTs or ERC-20s on the Telos network. One can add an additional Owner 2 and set a smart contract to require confirmation of 1 owner out of 2 to adhere to the risk of losing private keys. The point is that this wallet is very flexible and it's worth understanding your multisigs use case. Approve new Safe transaction
- Confirm Metamask transaction.
You should receive a Safe Created Notification!
Additional Security Guide
One of the best practices in creating a new Safe is understanding why you must set a threshold greater than 0 and adding additional owners you trust or maintain on your end.
- Add Additional Owners to the Safe. On the left side of the browser page scroll down and click the Settings drop down arrow.
- Select Owners, then click Add new owner.
- Add an Owner name and Owner address.
- Set the threshold for how many owners to confirm a transaction.
Adding an owner will require just .06 TLOS in this transaction!
To add an owner to the Safe you must be using a signer account(be an owner)
Now that you have added a few owners and determined a threshold for your Safe, it is time to explore more features. Check out the Feature guide below for more resources.
Also the Gnosis Safe help center
FAQs for Telos Safe
What do I do if I lose access to my Safe?
- Paste the address you initially created the Safe with or have interacted with in the Teloscan Block Explorer to locate the Safe.
The Contract function invoked for creating a Safe is createProxyWithNonce
The contract that is interacted with to create a new Safe is called GnosisSafeProxyFactory
Telos Safe provides a lot of rich features. Check the links below for best practices and utilizing all features